A Charlotte Mason Inspired Journey Through American History!
American history comes alive in America’s Story 2 as students experience the struggle of the fledgling American nation as she strives to resolve conflict, reconstruct after division, expand through the Wild West, and join the world in the Industrial Revolution.
In America’s Story 2, your student will:
- Learn the story behind the Missouri Compromise
- Meet Abraham Lincoln and encounter the struggling nation he faced
- Encounter the woman who helped found the Red Cross and learn her amazing story
- Experience the difficulties America faced during the Reconstruction Years
- Celebrate the 100th birthday of America and experience the 1893 Chicago World’s Fair
- Join the adventure of exploring the Wild West
- Imagine the struggles and hopes immigrants felt and faced as they arrived in America at Ellis Island
- and so much more!
Easy for teachers, exciting for students!
America’s Story 2 is designed to be easy to use as it guides your student through an exciting adventure through American history as they:
- Learn to retell history through the use of oral & written narration
- Sketch their way through historical scenes
- Create their own maps
- And compile a timeline from the Civil War to the Industrial Revolution of the early 1900s!
Exciting, interactive stories
O’Dell’s lively, storytelling style interacts with students and draws them in to imagine the adventures, hardships, failures, and triumphs of the incredible characters who shaped American history from the Civil War through the early 1900s.
America’s Story 2 Set Includes:
America’s Story 2 Student
- Full-color student textbook featuring engaging narrative and beautiful historic illustrations, photographs, maps, and cultural connections.
America’s Story 2 Teacher Guide
- Suggested Daily Schedule—saving you time!
- Student worksheets for narration (oral & written), sketching, map adventures, & timelines.
- Optional Digging Deeper activities
- Special Project Ideas
- Review sheets & answer keys
- 3-hole punched, perforated pages for convenience
- Approximately 45 minutes per lesson, 4-5 days per week
- Designed for grades 3-6 in a one-year history course
Don't forget to use use code 10OFFNEW at checkout to receive an additional 10%off this book. We offer 10% OFF "New" Curriculum and Books every day!