When you order this set of Level 4 Materials, you'll receive these two items:
- Level 4 Teacher's Manual
- Level 4 Student Packet includes: four sets of flashcards, a spelling strategies chart, a syllable division rules chart, a homophones list, a set of prefix tiles, a Y word sheet, eleven word banks, a progress chart, and a completion certificate.
Please note: In addition to the Level 4 Materials, you will also need a Basic or Deluxe Spelling Interactive Kit contains non-consumable items that are used throughout the entire All About Spelling program.
Level 4 in the All About Spelling series brings together the three pathways to learning—auditory (hearing), visual (seeing), and kinesthetic (touching). This multisensory approach, combined with a built-in review system and reinforcement activities, ensures that students retain what they learn and understand how to apply it in practical situations.
In a practical, hands-on way, your student will learn:
- When to use ch or tch for the sound of /ch/
- When to use the three ways to spell the sound of /j/
- How to add prefixes
- Additional ways to spell the sound of /er/
- Spelling strategies that will help him tackle longer words with ease
- and more!
The multisensory learning tools and activities included in the program help your student master important spelling concepts. You'll appreciate the organization, thought and research that went into this program as you work with your student.
- Word Sort activities that help your student practice the multiple ways of spelling one sound
- Concept-oriented spelling lists that are grouped by similar phonograms and spelling rules. This accelerates learning by organizing ideas in the student's mind and allowing the student to concentrate on and master one or two main concepts before moving on.
- Word Banks that help your student build visual memory of words
- The Writing Station activity that gives your student a creative outlet for applying new knowledge. This activity provides the practice and structure he needs to achieve the goal of correct spelling outside the classroom.
- Tips for the teacher that anticipate and provide answers to your questions and give you on-the-spot strategies for helping your student overcome stumbling blocks. Worked seamlessly into the lessons, tips are placed right where you need them, when you need them, so you can continue your teaching uninterrupted.
- The Homophone Pairs activity that provides more practice for the student to recognize and choose the correct homophone in his own writing.
- Prefix Tiles that are a different size and color than the letter tiles so your student can learn the rules for adding prefixes without confusion and easily recognize and choose the correct prefix when building new words.
- The Progress Chart gives your student a visual reminder of how far he has come and motivates him to master the next step.
The 27 steps of Level 4 progress in a logical, sequential order. Through direct instruction, students learn exactly what they need to know in order to spell well.
Used - Like New
Very Good Condition. Like new or gently used. May show a bit of wear, slightly bent corners or covers, a light pencil mark in a couple of places.